Sous Chef - Eastern Suburbs
Category: Sous Chef
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Rotating roster across lunch or dinner service
- Great move if you are looking to step up in to a Head Chef role
- $65,000 + super + career progression
About the company and role
A true hot spot for the locals serving from breakfast to dinner is looking for a 'get up and go' Sous Chef to join a like minded food-loving team.
Don't worry, this isn't a run of the mill pub that just serves up Parma's and Burgers, you'll be working from a central kitchen that caters to a restaurant, cafe, bar and Conference & Meeting spaces.
The selected candidate will gain more exposure to menu design, managing par levels, catering to special events and banquets, performance managing staff and more, whilst playing a supportive hands on role to the Head Chef.
- $65k + super + incentives + discounts
- An award winning pub group
- Mentored and trained by a leading industry Chef
- The bigger picture - grow within the group
- Arguably the leader in standards - internal audits, compliant structure and won't compromise on best practise
Skills & experience
- High volume experience as Sous Chef or Senior Sous Chef in an a la carte or pub environment is essential
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills – they are all a team here and need to work together to make every shift the best it can be
- A hunger to achieve excellence across all kitchen operations
- Capable of assisting with menu design, managing par levels, controlling COG's, and unfazed working to targets
- Advanced understanding of food safety and best practise standards
- Certificate III Commercial Cookery or apprentice changed
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact me on the details below for a confidential discussion.
*Applicants with permanent residency will only be considered for this role.