Head Chef | Modern Neighbourhood Eatery
Category: Head Chef
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Top 50 aspirations | City fringe
- Boast & grow your personal brand and profile
- Let your pioneering menu creativity shine
Express your creativity & leadership within this multi-faceted role. Operating as an all day eatery this established brand has entering into a new chapter - help write the story.
A place that you can always depend on, that you can stop in any time of day and know that you’re getting a quality experience and product. It's the slower moments when restaurants might normally be closed that really allows this all day eatery to foster a more community-oriented, slower-paced vibe with our customers.
Working with an experienced owner operator that genuinely wants to make the customer experience a good one. The eatery has superb turnover & bustling feel. The next chapter is a new look and feel. As Head Chef you will be charged with helping the eatery grow and develop, through a creative food offering and developing the team around you.
This is a hands on cooking role. In addition to leading from the front you will need to be KPI & target orientated, strong COG management, have an excellent grasp of kitchen leadership with great time management, a sound knowledge of good delicious and honest food.
For all of this you will be well remunerated.
Experience & requirements
Your experience in leading teams and producing original and enticing cuisine will be crucial to your success in this role.
- Demonstrate experience in similar role
- Have breakfast experience - highly desirable
- Have strong knowledge in Auckland’s cuisine
- Possess a strong work ethic and a "can do" attitude
- Have a strong understanding of food safety standards
- Be resilient and able to perform in high-pressure service periods
- Possess a strong working knowledge of stock control & ordering processes
- possess excellent communication, delegation and time management skills
- Have the ability to work autonomously as well as within the snr mgmt team
- Already have the right to work in New Zealand for at least the next two years
- Be able and willing to work a rotating roster including weekends, public holiday
- Have demonstrated experience in high volume, fast-paced restaurant environment
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Tobi Kingsley on (09) 972 0135 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.