Sous Chef | Passion for Provenance | Relocation
Category: Sous Chef
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Luxury lodge restaurant | Evolving a la carte menu
- Fresh, local, seasonal & simple | Scratch cookery
- Relocation | Marlborough-Nelson lifestyle
Passion for provenance, want to know your local farmers and fisherman? Do you dream of nose to tail like Jiro dreams of sushi? Is community important? Do these things resonate with you? Do you enjoy clean fresh country air and awe inspiring vistas?
Relocate to a luxury country estate located in the heart of the famous Marlborough/Nelson region, nestled within acres of private parklands, providing the ultimate retreat to indulge in New Zealand’s gourmet province.
Here is a rare opportunity to craft a small continuously evolving and changing seasonal menu for guests and the general public to enjoy in an intimate but light filled space.
Bake your own sourdoughs, explore the local seasonal produce, and champion the local seafood on the plate. Develop yourself and your craft working under a talented and focused head chef.
What’s in it for you/benefits?
- Share your creativity
- Collaboration approach to constantly changing menu
- Truly get to explore simple, seasonal and fresh cookery
- Great lifestyle out of the city
- Affordable housing
- Truly amazing setting incl. chef’s garden
- Learn new ideas and techniques
Get away from hectic city life, explore the roots of cooking again; slow cooked meats, charcuterie, seasonal produce, utilising by-catches. Trim it all back, respect your ingredients, your craft and present it with handsome honesty
- Assisting in menu development | Championing local produce
- Develop and foster strong supplier relationships
- Train and grow the small kitchen team
Support the head chef in creating an ever changing succinct menu that is paired back, incredibly seasonal and slightly rustic. Run the kitchen in their absence.
To be successful you’ll need to be
- Have a passion for provenance and scratch cookery
- Self-motivated & committed professional
- Experience in quality establishments.
- Resourceful, creative & hardworking
This opportunity will most likely suit an outdoors type person to take advantage of the natural beauty and activities of the Marlborough region including hunting, fishing, mountain biking, trails & enjoying wine of course, or someone with a young family looking for a bit of work life balance, no incredibly late nights (everyone generally dines earlier) & cheaper housing.
It this sounds like you and you want to hear more about it, then please apply ASAP!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.