Head Chef | Can you cook fresh seafood brill-iantly?
Category: Head Chef
Location: Queenstown & Wanaka
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Seafood dominant menu | Coastal classics
- Waiheke Island, Auckland |Competitive pay
- Metro Top 50 level | High volume | Great team vibe
Seeking a motivated, focused & driven Head Chef to join one of Waiheke Islands’ iconic operations with a rep for smart casual fresh seafood focused menu, fun service and idyllic setting.
Our clients are looking to recruit a head chef who has vast experience in leading the team, creative in engineering the menu, very skilled in the kitchen, has worked and trained in a highly reputable restaurants, and who can handle a very busy kitchen. The right person must also be willing to relocate to Waiheke Island.
This unique and familiar award winning restaurant situated on Waiheke Island that has been in amongst the awards since it conception.
It is a long standing establishment that offers casual gastronomic refuge for locals and travellers alike to enjoy the great atmosphere, fresh unpretentious kai moana and fun service. A beautiful place to relax, unwind and enjoy locally sourced fresh food, cooked to perfection.
Why Work Here
Do you feel your current job isn’t bad but you cod do better?
Work, live and breathe in paradise. Be recognised for your hard work and skills, whilst maximising the opportunity to learn and develop your own career and personal chef brand.
Do you enjoy fast, high volume kitchen environments? Surround yourself with a fun energetic squad & play your part in developing the team and the future chefs of tomorrow’s kitchens.
This is a long term opportunity that offer a great lifestyle and reward.
Busy bustling kitchen requires a strong head chef to krill it.
With a focus on quality and consistency, this professional hospitality operation is after a confident, talented and career motivated head Chef with a long term focus to join the already existing and fabulous team striving for food excellence day in day out.
The importance of customer satisfaction and attention to detail is second to none for this business and your passion and enthusiasm for the patrons must shine through as you share the owners/venues vision.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive market rate
- Learn from a systems focused team
- Stable but challenging fast paced chef role
- Opportunity to build your personal chef brand
- Want to learn and continue your build your skill-sets
- Flexible work arrangements | Extended winter time off (if wanted) to ski or go globetrotting
The ideal candidate will...
- You will be able to bring both your management and slick cooking skills to the kitchen
- Experience in a high volume restaurants, bonus if any are seafood orientated
- Be career driven, preferably with Metro Top 50, cuisine hat or similar experience
- Good working knowledge across various sections of the kitchen
- You ensure maximum quality and service are delivered to diners
- You will be passionate about NZ produce, in particular seafood
- Have a proven track record of reliability & consistency
- You encourage high standards within your team
- Processes the ability to perform under pressure
- Have serious attention to detail
So you have made it to the bottom of the job ad, congratulations! If you do have vast experience in leading the team, you are creative in engineering the menu, you are very skilled in the kitchen, you have worked and trained in a highly reputable restaurants, and can handle very busy kitchens.
Then we need to have a tete-a-tete, please apply
You must already have the right to work in New Zealand and be willing and able to relocate to Waiheke Island.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.