Sous Chef | Pacific charm | Solid Fuel
Category: Sous Chef
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Waterfront Restaurant | Solid fuel cooking
- Work for successful operators | Career Progression
- Busy venue | An ode to the cuisine of the Pacific rim
Our client is on the hunt for serious sous chef looking to make their mark in their next role. Passion for food, produce and the industry mixed with a keen craving to learn and develop yourself is key.
Inspired by tradition? Pay homage to the heritage of the hospitality, whilst keeping it contemporary, savvy and stimulating by introducing some modern cookery aptitude.
Are you someone with genuine excitement for the industry and conviction to build a career within the hospitality industry? Above all are you keen to learn and are you committed to achieving the very best, with a high level of self-care and drive?
A career with this successful company, in one of their crown jewel venues, will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best in the industry.
An ode to New Zealand’s location, nestled at the foot of the Pacific Rim, surrounded by abundant seas, a national reputation of amazing produce built on the fruits of working the land. Our client is committed to serving great kai, starting with fresh, local products and finished with good technique. The vast majority of their menu is made from scratch with Aroha.
- Modern creative cooking
- A wood fired grill to champion
- Pays homage to great produce
- Establishing itself in the Auckland food scene
This is a fast paced role, in a high energy kitchen. The successful candidate will have exceptional time-management skills with the ability to work under pressure for long periods of time, be well organised and highly creative at the same time. This role can offer personal development, and great incentives for the right person.
You will have an awareness of the latest trends in eating, sound knowledge of food preparation techniques, ability to assist the Head Chef to create recipes, develop menus according to customer needs, deliver a progression of flavors, textures, and cooking methods. Have excellent communication skills as well as being expected to maintain high standards of health and safety at all times.
- Eager to work and learn from an experienced and respected chef within the Auckland hospitality scene
- Looking to progress your knowledge and career in the kitchen further
- Produce driven with a respect for beautiful and locally sourced elements
- Driven to perform at the highest standard, with an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic and willing to put in the hours to hone your craft
- A keen willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Guidance and leadership from proven head chef
- Ability to progress and climb the kitchen ladder
- Proven experienced in a similar position
- Busy premium casual background a plus
- Level headed and able to take direction
If you would like to add some funk and soul to the team and can demonstrate the required skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic and dedication. If you are a go getter, who is great at generating ideas, has commercial acumen working to budgets and you are known for having an amazing eye for detail, then we want to hear from you!
You must already have the right to work in New Zealand.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.