Snr Sous Chef | Slice of Creativity
Category: Sous Chef
Location: Rest of Waikato
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Relocation to the Waikato | Attractive package
- Well organised kitchen | Elements of woodfired cooking
- Influence the menu | Your culinary creativity is required
This splendid eatery is looking to hook a talented, passionate and creative (Snr) Sous Chef with experience across a variety of cooking styles to join their fun and easy-going team.
About the role
Enjoying an excellent repute as one of Cambridge’s top gastro all day eateries; serving European fare with a little personal twist. You will be working closely with the Head Chef and you will be required to deputise in his absence. You will be involved in the menu planning as well as be responsible for the staff training and development of this fun and easy-going team.
- Creativity welcome
- Co-managing the team
- Stunning seaside restaurant
- Ability to cook delicious food is mandatory
- Ability to create original and enticing dishes
- Immediate start available | Not compulsory
Skills and experience
Everything is prepared to high standards of quality and presentation. Most likely you will have experience with high end restaurants, busy gastropubs &/or busy well regarded all day eatery.
You will ideally have proven experience in leading teams and producing original and enticing dishes as well as:
- Management experience
- Ensure good standards are maintained
- Passion for experimenting and creating new dishes
- Menu costing and roster knowledge an advantage
- Maintain stock control and ensure ordering of all products is completed
- Prior experience in a similar role within a restaurant or high volume eatery
What they can offer you
Work in a fun, friendly and professional environment.
- Attractive salary package
- Opportunities to grow and progress your career
- A touch of solid fuel cooking - Wood fired pizzas etc
- Learn proven kitchen financial systems | COGS & Labour
- Have the opportunity to innovate and have a real contribution to the menu
If you're a determined Chef and have the capabilities to contribute to the restaurants’ and kitchens’ growth please 'Apply Now'!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion.
For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.