Executive Chef | Brand spanking new gastropub
Category: Head Chef
Location: Manukau & East Auckland
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Rare opportunity | Excellent remuneration
- Gastropub cuisine | Pizza oven | Big busy venue
- Brand new build | Be in at the roots and have a voice | Aug/Sept opening
A rare opportunity exists for a passionate & driven Executive Chef with a head for business to develop, launch and successfully execute the food offerings for brand new gastro pub kitchen, complete with new equipment like a pizza oven… build it from the ground up & make it your own.
A south Auckland community focused business with interests in commercial property and bars is about to launch it’s crown jewel in Manukau. A purpose built gastro pub; eatery, bar, function space and large north facing outdoor area for the community and the people of Auckland to congregate, enjoy and indulge.
Looking for an ebullient chef, to bring new ideas, launch and grow the business. The position is very much creative and hands on, implementing menus and providing support and development to the kitchen team.
You will be responsible for the execution of the kitchen - menus, menu development, suppliers, costs, staffing etc. Your passion for the craft & strong cooking knowledge will allow you to lead and train your team, implementing systems that ensure the product is continually and consistently of premium quality, on trend, and last but not least, tasty!
Last but not least you need to be able to deliver on budget, managing the labour and COG’s like a boss.
- Have a genuine passion for your trade
- Knowledge in local & international hospitality trends
- Excellent leader with good communication & innovation
- Strong operational understanding of acceptable hygiene and HACCP standards
- Be able to create, cost and implement various menus; alc, bar, function & events
- A good head for numbers with proven ability to achieve and manage kitchen financials
- Previous or current experience as an Executive or Head chef in a busy venue(s). Ideally in the gastropub arena.
You need to have a proven ability to bring new trends to fruition. In addition you will need to be a leader, business savvy and an imaginative chef. This will be an extremely exciting, diverse and rewarding experience for someone that is up to the challenge.
- Excellent remuneration
- Grow your personal brand | Develop your gastropub cuisine
- A new beginning | Brand new property | New kitchen and equipment
- Opportunities are a plenty; various venue spaces to explore ideas, concepts and events
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.