General Manager - Relocate to Newcastle - $110k + super
Category: Venue Management
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
Bustling, multi-faceted venue in a beautiful location is seeking an experienced General Manager looking for their next challenge. This role offers an attractive salary package in exchange for a committed leader who will engage in all aspects of service. Traditional pub setting with a contemporary approach to service, fit-out and style! Sports, and gaming will appeal a more traditional pub crowd, while live-entertainment and a premium bar & food offering will bring in those seeking a more modern atmosphere.
The role is located approx. 40 minute drive from Newcastle.
A coveted destination venue with pre-existing clientele will offer an innovative individual the opportunity to show off their ability to jump in the deep end and juggle the demands of this high volume venue.
An emphasis on offering quality service and products is a must to maintain this venues relevance among its competitors. You’ll need to fill this expansive space with a leadership presence that your staff can look up to and take guidance from. Sure to offer fullfilment to a dynamic and energetic individual who thrives on the challenges of venue management.
This role will require a highly organised and experienced venue manager who understands the demands of the role, keeps their eye on the prize and thrives on the payoffs of good, honest hard work.
To be considered, a candidate must:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of venue management in regards to financial development and operational procedures
- Have a minimum of 2 consecutive years of experience in a similar role in high-volume venues
- Be comfortable with a busy roster, rotating throughout the week including nights and weekends.
- Offer a strong venue presence and take ownership of the role to ensure staff engagement
- Innovative approach to functions, events and specials to generate revenue
- Well rounded understanding of action packed venues offering variety to its patrons