Executive Chef | Fiji 5* Resort
Category: Head Chef
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Modern, sustainable, delicious & locally inspired cuisine
- Renowned, award winning luxurious 5 star operation
- $60k US net + accom + meals + flights + more - Generous package
This exclusive 5 star island resort provides luxury, peace and tranquility to its guests.
The resort restaurant is a beautiful, traditional Fijian inspired intimate space, open from breakfast through to dinner, serving the very best local produce including fresh ingredients from their own lush tropical gardens.
It is highly regarded as the South Pacific‘s premium gourmet destination. The property has won all the awards locally and is truly a great place to live.
Please note, you must have 5 star remote island resort experience. This will be a 2 year contract.
The Role… We are looking for an ebullient chef, to bring new ideas and continue growing the business. The position is very much creative and hands on, implementing diverse menus and providing support to the chefs across the multiple venues.
You will lead your friendly, experienced, and predominantly local team of 18 chefs from the front, sharing your culinary knowledge and all aspects of service from casual breakfasts, relaxed lunches and intimate, luxurious dinners.
You will love creating a truly out of this world experience that your guests (many repeat) will remember forever.
You will build strong relationships with your local suppliers to ensure a profitable, consistent supply of the finest products and produce available.
You will share your passion and knowledge of kitchen systems and management with your team daily to ensure the highest level of service and standards are met every time. Ensuring the product is continually and consistently of premium quality, on trend, and last but not least, tasty!
What you’ll bring...
- A proven high quality bespoke hotel background
- Experience over all service sequence from breakfast to dinner
- Strong leadership skills and team-centric management style
- The ability to relocate and commit to the island lifestyle
- Strong new world culinary knowledge
- Superb once in a lifetime lifestyle opportunity
- Work for renowned luxury operators
- Your own accommodation on the island
- Superb package including tax free USD base
- Return flights, medical insurance + more
- Great two bedroom house
- Must have worked in remote island resorts
- Must have worked in multi-cultural society
- Must have high business acumen in addition to strong culinary skills
- A patient cool headed management style
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.