Head Chef - Illustrious Restaurant - Melbourne
Category: Head Chef
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Suitable for a Head Chef at the top of their game
- Big operation for a professional happy to take on a beast
- The perfect stepping stone to grow in to a Exec Chef role in the near future
About the company
One of Melbourne's most loved Restaurants is seeking a tenacious leader capable of running a large kitchen team and operation. This role requires a Head Chef at the top of their game to develop and mentor Chef's that will grow throughout the business in years to come.
The restaurant is a serious food destination on the Melbourne map, offering a selection of classics and modern twists from their food menu as well as boosting a excellent wine portfolio.
The highly skilled Head Chef will have creative freedom to work with the Owner, whilst improving all controllable, including minimising wastage, increasing productivity, and getting the best result for labor & food costs.
- Responsible for running a multi-faceted kitchen, and a large kitchen brigade totaling to approximately 30 staff
- Managing a complex roster according to labour budgets
- Fair and firm leadership style capable of raising morale
- Developing Chefs in to senior positions and carrying out performance management tasks
- Running service and managing large scale food preparation
- Demonstrate knowledge of current food trends and modern cuisine
Skills & experience
- 4+ years’ experience as a Head Chef in a fast paced, high volume restaurant
- Costing systems, wage costs, menu design, staff training
- Experience managing teams of 30+
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time management skills
- Lead by example style
- $90-95k + super
- Work for one of Australia’s most recognized restaurants
- Strong opportunity to work your way in to a a Exec Chef role within the group
- Chance to help develop the group on a national and international level.
** HOW TO APPLY
Attach resume and click APPLY!
*Applicants with permanent residency will only be considered for this role.*